Michelle and Jay Montgomery had a baby boy Sunday
August 30,2009 at 2:35pm. 7lbs,15 oz. Glad they are doing great!
CF 864 WOD Schedule – 9:00am, 4:30pm, 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 6:00pm
3 rounds for time:
Run 200 meters
20 KTE (knee to elbow)
40 KBS (kettlebell swings
Beginning September 21, 2009 we are going to do one burpee on day one and add one each day until we get to 100 burpees on the 100th day!
These burpees are done to the CrossFit Standard.
1. Thighs and chest must touch the ground at the bottom of the push-up.
2. After the push-up, the feet must jump forward to the bottom of the squat
position, heels on the ground.
3. On the jump, there must be a full extension of the knees and hips in the air.
4. At full extension, you must clap overhead, with at least part of the ear visible
from the side.
1.You can complete each day’s burpees all at once, or broken up if you cannot complete them together.
2. If for some reason you miss a day, you have to make up all the missed burpees the following day.
3. If you don’t start the challenge with us today, you can “buy-in” at any time by doing ALL the missed day’s burpees on your first day.
4. Any burpees you complete during your regular workout can count towards that day’s Challenge burpees, if you want them to.
5. Have fun doing burpees and getting stronger doing it!
On Day 100 we will all do our burpees together at the gym.
If you’re interested in this challenge, try doing 100 burpees this week straight and time yourself. See how much you improve by the end of the challenge.
“Failure is not an option” – Gene Kranz
Kelly Clarkson – American Idol
The following clip was taken from a SELF magazine interview:
The singer tells the mag she’s been working out with CrossFit, a strength training and cardio program used by police academies and military special operations, according to its Web site.
“I love it! It’s like boot camp,” she says. “You never work out more than 35 minutes, but it’s so intense. You do things like box jumps, then 50 sit-ups, then 50 squats and then running. “Me, my backup singers and my hair-and-makeup girl do it together. They laugh at me, because most of the time they’re like, ‘Oh, my God, I don’t want to go,’ and I’m the one saying, ‘I’m ready!'” she goes on. “It makes me feel like GI Jane. It’s very empowering. I feel like I can whup a–! And in my shows, everybody has noticed. They’re like, ‘Dude, you have 100 percent more energy!”
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, “I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
“It’s supposed to be hard, if it was easy, everyone would do it, Its the HARD that makes it great.”
-Tom Hanks character in a League of Their Own.
That sounds more like CrossFit!
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Hope that all of you had a great weekend…..got plenty of rest and ready for some rockin’ CrossFit 864 wod’s this week!
Janice and Jay